this short video includes a walk-through of the gym & explains the basic ins & outs of bouldering at BlocHaus.
bouldering is a physical activity with inherent risk — before using the facilities at BlocHaus please watch the safety video carefully & fill out the safety waiver.
our staff are here to help & answer any questions.
BlocHaus is liquid chalk only, please keep any chalk balls or powder chalk stowed away.
- climb down when possible, use any holds — the pink holds are there to help.
- practice landing from a low height to gain confidence.
- land on both feet evenly — bend your knees & roll onto your butt.
- avoid rotating your body or using your arms when landing.
- let the mat absorb your impact.
- shoes & shirts should be worn when on the wall at all times.
- if a climber is already on the wall, let them finish before you start — identify if their climb will cross paths with yours.
- if someone has just brushed a climb, it’s their go next.
- help promote a safe bouldering environment by watching out for people around you.
- spoiler alert — ask before giving advice on a boulder someone else is working on.
the Joker — top out boulder.
- after topping out, keep clear of the edges of the top out boulder.
- use the fluoro pink ladder to climb down.
- check the down-climb ladder is clear before descending.
- no running, jumping, dancing, handstands or cartwheels on top of the boulder.
- no under 16s in the training area.
- pack away & wipe down equipment after use.
- do not drop weights.
- ask for a spot if you need one.
we say no to homophobia, transphobia & any other form of sexist, racist or ableist bullying, harassment or discrimination.
we say yes to having fun, encouraging others, crushing projects, respectful behaviour & sharing beta!
big kid boulders.
the main gym is designed for climbers 12 years & over — we have a dedicated FamilyHaus for younger kids & families to climb together.
kids under 12 years can enjoy the slackline & hang out areas, but there’s no access to climbing areas in the main gym for their own safety & the safety of others.
pups are always welcome at BlocHaus — please make sure they’re supervised at all times, are on lead, off the mats & behaving appropriately.
we appreciate not everyone wants to get up close & personal & ask that you & your furry friend respect the space of others — dog owners may be asked to remove their dogs from the haus if they cannot abide by our puppy policy.
lost & found.
if you’ve left something behind, please contact us as soon as you can.
haus keeping hold onto lost items as long as they can, but the lost & found is cleared out on a monthly basis.
FamilyHaus is for climbers big & small, everyone must share the space accordingly — in particular, adult climbers in this area must be mindful of younger climbers.
key rules for kids.
- no running on the crash mats
- stay off the mats when you’re not climbing
- look out for climbers above & around you.